Our ambition is to make this service available in more countries and for more operators as quickly as possible. We also want to implement the functionality of receiving MMS in iPhone + some other cool features into the app.
Supporting more operators + more countries
In order to support more operators we are willing to strike deals with operators and quickly launch the MMS for iPhone app. If you know some operators who needs this service or you are working for an operator yourself please contact us (sales AT mobispine.com) and we will help you out.
Support for incoming MMS in iPhones
To receive MMS in the iPhone seamlessly we need the mobile operator to do some configuration on their side and it would also make lots of sense to use the Apple notification API when released. Before that API comes we can always notify the users with SMS to start with.
I know our techies work right now on fixing some bugs/issues that have been reported by kind early adopters. Here are the bugs/issues we have noticed so far:
- Some users reckoned that multiple MMS were delivered to a user when sending one MMS. This bug IS FIXED NOW as I write this blog post. Thx @marko_salonen
- Only one receiver for the MMS can be selected, not multiple.
- Sometimes when EDGE connection is used, an error message is displayed and the MMS is not sent.
- (Workaround - hit Send again)
- One user reported some problems registering the app up-front but it worked for him second time.
- Sometimes when sending MMS, the toolbar flickers (cosmetical bug)
Thx a lot for this initial feedback! We just want to let you know that we are onto it and we will fix the above bugs straight away. Any other feedback is well appreciated (both positive and negative feedback of course)